JESUS IS OUR MODEL FOR THE MINISTRY
METHODIST CHURCH OF KENYA
"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can
To all the people you can
As long as ever you can!"
"The Methodists must take heed to their doctrine, their experience, their practice, and their discipline. If they attend to their doctrines only, they will make the people antinomians; if to the experimental part of religion only, they will make them enthusiasts; if to the practical part only, they will make them Pharisees; and if they do not attend to their discipline, they will be like persons who bestow much pains in cultivating their garden, and put no fence round it, to save it from the wild boar of the forest."
"You have nothing to do but to save souls; therefore spend and be spent in this work."
Rev. John Wesley
“Beware of any work for God that causes or allows you to avoid concentrating on Him. A great number of Christian workers worship their work. The only concern of Christian workers should be their concentration on God. This will mean that all the other boundaries of life, whether they are mental, moral, or spiritual limits, are completely free with the freedom God gives His child; that is, a worshiping child, not a wayward one. A worker who lacks this serious controlling emphasis of concentration on God is apt to become overly burdened by his work. He is a slave to his own limits, having no freedom of his body, mind, or spirit. Consequently, he becomes burned out and defeated. There is no freedom and no delight in life at all. His nerves, mind, and heart are so overwhelmed that God’s blessing cannot rest on him.”
"My Utmost for His Highest"
SYNOD MISSION AND EVANGELISM
MCK Kaaga Synod Mission and Evangelism (M&E) is a group of clergy and laity representatives from all the twenty five circuits in Kaaga Synod. These group members include the three leaders from each circuit, four synod mission and evangelism officials. All evangelists, all ministers, all circuit preachers, all three synod group leaders. Kaaga synod secretary, Synod treasurer and the synod Bishop.
The group anticipates to revitalizing the response to the Jesus Christ’s great Commission in Mathew 28:16-
Vision: Be an active body in mission work of Jesus Christ
Mission: Reaching out to many people through mission and evangelism to enable them know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
1. To equip laity on the church doctrines and contemporary issues.
2. Dynamics of sermon delivering.
3. Improve church music in our churches.
4. Enhance professional guidance and counseling.
5. Improve home guidance and family life education.
6. To be stewards of church property finances and Human resource.
7. To develop and equip all the church groups MMF, YF, JCM, WF, Boys and Girls Brigade.
Having been convinced that there is need for Men’s Fellowship in the Methodist Church in Kenya, the conference resolved to establish a Men’s Fellowship organization within the Church structure.
For this program to be effective within the Synod, we thought it worthwhile to have a strategic plan put in place. The guideline of the strategic plan was based on the vision, mission and Motto of MMF in the Synod.
Vision: To know Jesus and make Him known.
Mission: To Empowered to be true Christians leaders at home, church and community.
Theme: Man is the light of the world Mathew 5:14.
1. Double the number in the next 5 years.
2. To empower the leaders with skill towards pastoral care.
3. To enhance discipleship.
4. To start an investments.
JUNIOR CHURCH MINISTRY (JCM)
Vision: To be disciples of Jesus Christ.
Mission: To bring children close to God.
Theme/ motto: Cast your bread upon the water. For after many days you will find it again (Ecclesasties 11:1)
1. To have very active JCM.
2. To train and recruit JCM Scholars and teachers.
3. To cover the JCM Syllabus sufficiently and effectively.
4. To start JCM college for JCM teachers
5. To teach the children on how to give (tithes)
6. To avail JCM teaching material.
Vision: To be a transformed youth
Mission: To be agents of change by serving Christ with enthusiasm and become a responsible youth.
1. To have effective leaders.
2. To strengthen the youth ministry spiritually.
3. Empower the youth fellowship economically.
4. To empower the youth social emotional growth.
5. To enhance transition and counseling at all developments stages.
The early church believers came together to seek ways of the gospel “believe and repent Act 2:42.
The Methodist Women Fellowship was started way back in 1950’s by a missionary called popularly “Kagwiria”. Sister wild who was sent by overseas mission group.
The purpose of her coming was to organize Methodist women into fellowship, groups of prayers, sharing the word of God learning together teach them how to cook, care for the children, their homes personal hygiene and nutrition.
VISION: To unite Christian women within the church and with one another in Jesus Christ
MISSION: To enrich women and open ways of working together to serve the Church of God.
To empower the women in the Synod:
(ii) Socially empowerment
(iii) Economically empowerment
2. To enhance community outreach among the youth.
3. To embark on WF proposed girls hostels and change to rental house.
BOYS AND GIRLS BRIGADE
VISION: To create just honest and disciplined society.
MISSION: To do our best to win full approved in God. Sight to transform Boys/Girls Brigade.
THEME: Train a child the way they should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it (Prov. 22:6)
1. To empower Boys and Girls Brigade to have discipline.
2. To train boys and girls Brigade understand the word of God.
3. To develop children positive attitude.
4. To train children on first Aid.
5. To help our communities have interest in Brigade.
6. To help boys and girls and brigade children to acquire self reliance.
7. To train clergy, officers and warrant officers.
MAJOR ACTIVITY PLAN FOR MONITORING
1. SYNOD MISSION AND EVANGELISM.
(i) Nurturing spiritual growth in Kaaga Synod and beyond.
(ii) Increasing number of church members in our synod.
(iii) Church planting in the unreached areas.
(iv) Purchase of powerful public address system.
(v) Being self supportive
2. PASTORAL MINISTRY PROGRAMMES (PPS)
(i) To equip laity on church doctrines and contemporary issues.
(ii) Dynamics of sermon delivery.
(iii) Improve church music in our churches.
(iv) Enhance professional guidance and counseling.
(v) Improve home guidance and family life education.
(vi) To be stewards of church property, finances and human resource.
(vii) To develop and equip all the church groups (a) MMF (b) JCM (c) Boys and Girls Brigade ,
(d) youth fellowship (e) W.F
A. Methodist Men’s Fellowship (MMF)
(i) Double the number in the next 5 years.
(ii) To empower the leaders with skills towards pastoral care.
(iii) To enhance discipleship.
(iv) To start an investment.
B. Junior Church Ministry (JCM)
(i) To have very active JCM
(ii) To train and recruit JCM Scholars and teachers.
(iii) To cover the J.C.M syllabus sufficiently and effectively.
(iv) To start JCM college for JCM teachers.
(v) To teach the children on how to give tithes.
(vi) To avail J.C.M teaching material.
C. Boys and Girls Brigade (B&GB)
(i) To empower Boys and Girls Brigade to have discipline.
(ii) To train Boys and Girls Brigade understand the word of God.
(iii) To develop children positive attitude.
(iv) To train children on first aid.
(v) To create awareness on matters of Boys and Girls Brigade.
(vi) To train boys and girls and children to be self reliance.
(vii) To train clergy, officers and warrant officers.
D. Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF)
(i) To have effective leaders.
(ii) To strengthen the youth ministry spiritually.
(iii) To empower the youth fellowship economically.
(iv) To empower the youth social emotional growth.
(v) To entrance transition counseling at all developments stages.
E. Methodist Women Fellowship (MWF)
1. To empower women in the synod.
(ii) To entrance social emotional developments.
(iii) Economical Empowerment.
2. To entrance community outreach among His youth.
3. To Embark on WF proposed girls hostels and change to rental houses.
Copyright © 2021 Methodist Church of Kenya Kaaga Synod